How to update Google Play Store services that can’t be opened
How to Update Google Play Store Services – Google Play Store is an essential application for downloading thousands of applications available for Android. Previously known as Android Market, Google’s official app store now offers books, magazines, movies, music, etc. Unlike other apps that we can update whenever we want, Google doesn’t provide the same options for Google Play Store updates. Google automatically updates the Play Store behind the scenes.
However, sometimes for some reason, the Google Play Store may stop working or not update automatically. It could also be that the app won’t download because you have an older version from the Google Play Store. In cases like this, you need to manually update the Google Play Store service or force it to search for updates. That’s what we will discuss in this article.
How to Update Google Play Store Services
The following are some of the ways you can update the Google Play Store application on your Android smartphone. Please use the first method, if that fails continue using the next method.
1. How to Update Google Play Store Services through the Play Store Settings Menu
We know that Google Play Store automatically updates itself. But you can also search for updates manually by going to Play Store Settings.
The following is how to update Google Play Store services via the Play Store Settings menu:
- Open the Play Store application on your phone. Then select the three-line horizontal menu on the top left corner. From the menu, select Settings .
- On the Settings page, swipe down and look for Play Store Version / Play Store version . If an update is available, the Play Store will start updating automatically. If your Play Store is up to date, you will receive a notification saying the Google Play Store is up to date.
2. How to Update Google Play Store Services By Deleting Play Store Data
Another way to force automatic Play Store updates is to clear the data. When you do, Google will automatically check for the latest updates.
The following is how to update Google Play Store services by deleting Play Store data:
- Open the Android device Settings from the Settings menu .
- Select the Application / Application Manager / Installed Applications menu , depending on the smartphone you are using. Then under All Apps look for Google Play Store.
- In the Info section of the Google Play Store app , select Storage . On the screen, press Clear Storage / Clear Data .
- Restart / Restart your device and wait for 2-3 minutes to let Play Store update itself automatically.
After downloading the APK file and granting the necessary permissions, select the APK file to install it. That’s all you need to do.
Those are some ways to update Google Play Store services that you can use. If you are having trouble updating the Google Play Store, please mention it via the comments menu at the bottom of this page. Hopefully this is useful and your Android smartphone device will function normally again after updating the Google Play Store .